6/06/2011

green addiction

It wasn't until recently that I became the biggest fan of Westfield, NJ. Between Alan's Orchard (best local produce and homemade fro-yo) and Savory Spice Shop (which has every spice you can name (and cannot name) under the sun), I couldn't say no to trying this recipe for raw shaved asparagus with lemon dressing from New York Magazine. You need to really love raw foods, especially veggies, to like this recipe. It is super light, served cold, great for summer, and easily converted into tomorrow's lunch.

In my search I stumbled across this, and cannot wait to try it as well.

Murray River Sea Salt: two thumbs up!

Ps. Did you know that Louis XIV was so obsessed with asparagus he demanded it all year round? So glad I made good use of our two-month window.





No comments:

Post a Comment