5/18/2011

Science, Technology & Public Health

Previously I blogged about a fake salt article. Are you ready for fake meat? Check out this article Test-Tube Burgers if you are interested in what your dinner menu might look like in the near future. I think the concept is very cool and probably very eco-friendly, but I'm not so sure I like where this is headed.

Did you know the world consumes two hundred and eighty-five million tons of meat each year? Which ends up being ninety pounds per person!

photo
I am currently addicted to the Annals of Science section of the New Yorker. Addicted. Because of this, expect to see more articles about science, technology, and public health.

Another thought provoker by Atul Gawande, surgeon, professor, author, and staff writer for the New Yorker since 1998, Letting Go is about how far can medicine can go and what should happen when we get close to the end.

Ps. This time you can actually read the whole article.

No comments:

Post a Comment